Saturday, February 16

Quesadillas!

Penny and I made vegetarian quesadillas! Not vegan, due to the tri-cheese combo (cheddar, pepper jack, and feta), but wonderfully vegetarian with roasted red peppers, cilantro, and vegan artichoke-and-sun-dried-tomato sausage. We doused them with Frank's Red Hot and devoured them before I had to run off to work.

I had Penny roast the peppers while I showered. I thought my directions were pretty straightforward: turn the broiler on high; cut the peppers in half and remove the seeds; put them in a baking dish and let them broil until the skins are charred black. Unfortunately I neglected to mention that they ought to be positioned cut-side down, thus we ended up cutting off the burned edges...which Perrin gobbled down in her impatience for the quesadillas to cook. She actually wanted to eat them raw (the quesadillas, not the peppers), but I think it's safe to say we're both glad we held out for this:

Please note that I kept to my eight-ingredient vow! :)
1) Whole-wheat tortillas
2) Cheddar
3) Pepper jack
4) Feta
5) Cilantro
6) Oregano
7) Roasted red peppers
8) Vegan sausage

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online